8. Select the TWO answer choices that, according to paragraph 7, indicate true statements about Oregon. To obtain credit, you must select TWO answer choices.
- A. It planned and set long-term limits to urban growth.
- B. Its urban development within the city limits increased.
- C. Its surrounding farmland provided what the city needed to make it self-sufficient.
- D. It allowed each of its communities to deal with the commercial forces behind urban spread independently.
In the United States, Portland, Oregon, provides another example. The state adopted boundaries to urban growth twenty years ago, requiring each community to project its growth needs for the next two decades and then, based on the results, draw an outer boundary that would accommodate that growth. This has worked in Oregon because it has forced development back to the city.