Adjustment To Life At University
Listen to a conversation between a student and a counselor at the University Counseling Center.
- What do the speakers mainly discuss?
- A. Why the woman has little in common with her roommates.
- B. How the woman can keep up in her academic studies.
- C. The woman’s adjustment to life at the university.
- D. The woman’s decision to transfer to another university.
- Why does the woman mention her hometown?
- A. To draw a contrast to her current situation.
- B. To acknowledge that she is accustomed to living in big cities.
- C. To indicate that she has known some people on campus for a long time .
- D. To emphasize her previous success in academic studies.
- What does the woman imply about incident that occurred in her sociology class?
- A. She was embarrassed because she gave an incorrect answer.
- B. She was upset because the professor seemed to ignore her.
- C. She was confused by the organization of the professor’s lecture.
- D. She was surprised by the comments of the other students.
- According to the counselor, why should the woman visit her professor’s office?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. To offer a compliment.
- B. To offer to help other students.
- C. To introduce herself.
- D. To suggest ways of making the class more personal.
- What does the woman imply about joining the string quartet?
- A. It would enable her to continue a hobby she gave up when she was ten.
- B. It would allow her to spend more time in her major area of study.
- C. It would help her stop worrying about her academic studies.
- D. It would be a way to meet students with similar interests.
答案：C A B AC D