Complain About A Biased Article
Listen to a conversation between a student and a faculty advisor for the university newspaper.
- Why does the student go to the man’s office?
- A. To get some advice on an article that she is writing.
- B. To find out about getting a job on the student newspaper.
- C. To protest the university’s decision about a statue.
- D. To complain about an article in the student newspaper.
- What points does the man make about the article they are discussing?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. It was the personal viewpoint of the writer.
- B. It was based on research by one of the editors.
- C. It was meant to be humorous.
- D. Not many people have read it.
- What is the student’s opinion of the editorial’s representation of Sally Smith?
- A. She agrees it was accurate.
- B. She believes it was not respectful.
- C. She believes that the editor was referring to someone else.
- D. She agrees that the editorial’s focus on Sally’s background is relevant.
- What does the man imply about the university’s student government organization?
- A. Its reputation has been damaged by recent events.
- B. Its leaders need to be more careful about what they say in public about the university.
- C. It will probably benefit from what the newspaper printed about it.
- D. Its communications with the public have recently become more effective.
- What does the woman imply when she says this: 🎧
- A. She does not think that she is capable of writing the response herself.
- B. She has already prepared a response to give to the editor.
- C. She is worried that Sally is too upset to participate.
- D. She is not convinced that the editor will agree to the request.
答案：D AC B C D