1. What is the lecture mainly about?
A. The role that the neocortex plays in human memory
B. The connection between neocortex size and social relationships in mammals
C. Various studies that compare social group sizes in humans and other mammals
D. Ways that humans can expand the size of their social groups
2. Why does the professor discuss the length of some telephone numbers?
A. To show that real-world applications are informed by cognitive psychology
B. To point out an exception to a well-known principle about memory
C. To explain why telephone numbers are used in tests of memory
D. To explain why people often dial the wrong telephone number
3. What does the professor imply about the size of a person’s sympathy group?
A. It closely matches the size of the person’s family
B. It becomes larger when a person learns how to feel compassion for others
C. It may not be something a person makes a conscious decision to control
D. It may not be as predictable as the size of the persons social group
4. What did Dunbar’s study of the records of some traditional hunter-gatherer societies indicate?
A. Hunter-gatherer societies were the first to form social groups
B. Tool usage by humans is related to social group size
C. There is a maximum social group size for humans
D. Hunter-gatherers lend to have smaller-sized social groups
5. What does the professor say that biologists discovered in their research of animals other than primates?
A. Dunbar’s hypothesis accurately predicts social group sizes for all animals
B. Social group sizes of carnivores are more difficult to predict than those of insectivores
C. Data on insectivore behavior neither support nor contradict Dunbar’s hypothesis
D. The Size of an animal’s neocortex is affected by its diet
6. Why does the professor say this
A. To encourage students to spend more time developing relationships
B. To emphasize that her point is based on personal experience
C. To indicate that she realizes that the students already know the answer to her question
D. To suggest that there is more than one possible response to her question
答案：B A C C C D