1. What is the lecture mainly about?
A. Characteristics that distinguish termites from other social insects
B. Adaptations that allow termites to survive in harsh environments
C. Termites’ ecological role and termites’ life in colonies
D. Damage termites can cause and how it is usually prevented
2. What are two occasions when the professor mentions symbiosis? Click on 2 answers
A. When explaining how termites digest their food
B. When comparing termites to other social insects
C. When discussing the potential benefit of termites for humans
D. When describing interactions between termite castes
3. What does the professor say about termite communication? Click on 2 answers
A. Termites emit sounds to repel predators
B. Termites create vibrations to convey alarm
C. Termites dance like bees to indicate the location of food
D. Termites mark paths to food sources with a special scent
4. Why did the professor find termite wings in her house?
A. Reproductive termites had landed in her house
B. Her house was built on top of a termite colony
C. Termite workers followed a path to her house from a nearby nest
D. The exterminator used a chemical that caused the termite wings to break off
5. What statement best characterizes the professor’s attitude toward ridding her house of termites?
A. She wishes that she had done it sooner
B. She is surprised at how easy it was
C. She is concerned about its impact
D. She doubts that it solved her problem
6. According to the professor, what could Decompi-culture be used for?
A. Studying termite behavior under experimental conditions
B. Protecting termite colonies from chemical waste
C. Manufacturing paper products that decompose fast
D. Cleaning up certain types of pollution
答案：C AC BD A C D