1. What is the lecture mainly about?
A. The amount of leadership a small group needs to run smoothly
B. Behaviors that contribute to a group’s effectiveness
C. Types of tasks more easily solved by groups than by individuals
D. The method by which groups divide up their work
2. What does the professor say about the participants in the study? Click on 2 answers
A. They were chosen to represent a diverse range of people
B. They were asked to come up with solutions to different challenges.
C. They were told to act either instrumentally or expressively
D. Their activities were carefully observed and sorted by type
3. Bales classified acts into two basic categories-instrumental and expressive According to this method of classification, which statements are examples of instrumental acts and which statements are examples of expressive acts? Click in the correct boxes
|Instrumental acts||Expressive acts|
|Let’s send out a survey to 50 of our regular customers.|
|I like your suggestion but I wonder what some of the people over here have to say|
|I think we should rewrite the conclusion of the report|
|Wouldn’t it be useful to graph our results?|
|l completely disagree with you|
4. What was the professors initial reaction to the results of the Bales experiments?
A. She was surprised because the results were not what she expected
B. She was disappointed that the results were not widely accepted
C. She was doubtful that the results were valid
D. She was concerned because the results pointed to no single conclusion
5. What point does the professor make when she discusses how the groups sequence their activities?
A. Starting the process with expressive acts can help reduce tension
B. Group leaders should be flexible in the sequencing of activities
C. Groups should spend very little time on expressive activities.
D. Beginning the process by proposing solutions is not the best approach
6. Why does the professor say this about positive expressive acts:
A. To stress their complexity
B. To stress how frequently they occur
C. To illustrate their function
D. To emphasize that not everyone is capable of doing them
答案：B BD ABAAB A D C