TPO18-C1 Apply For A Part-Time Job On Campus
Listen to a conversation between a student and an administrator in the university employment office.
- Why does the student go to the university office?
- A. To apply for a work-study job.
- B. To get information about hosting an exchange student.
- C. To find out if there are any jobs available on campus.
- D. To find out the hours of the computer lab.
- Why did the student transfer to Central University?
- A. To take advantage of an academic program.
- B. To participate in a student exchange program.
- C. To attend a smaller university than the one he was at before.
- D. To benefit from Central University’s international reputation.
- Why does the student mention hosting foreign-exchange students?
- A. To explain his interest in a particular field of study.
- B. To explain why he is looking for a job so late in the semester.
- C. To explain why he would like to be an exchange student the following year.
- D. To explain how he learned his computer skills.
- What can be inferred about students who apply for the open position at the technology-support help desk?
- A. They must be enrolled in a computer course.
- B. They will only be able to work on weekends.
- C. They are willing to work many hours each day they work.
- D. They are willing to work irregular hours.
- Why does the woman say this: 🎧
- A. To dissuade the student from starting a job right away.
- B. To suggest looking for an off-campus job.
- C. To imply that the student might not like the job that is available.
- D. To encourage the student to apply to a work-study program.
C A A D C