TPO15-C1 The Campus Newspaper’s Reporter Position
Listen to a conversation between a student and the faculty adviser of the campus newspaper.
- Why does the student go to the campus newspaper office?
- A. To turn in outlines of possible articles.
- B. To find out when his article will be printed in the newspaper.
- C. To find out if he got a position as a reporter.
- D. To get help with an assignment for his journalism class.
- Why does the student want to write for the campus newspaper?
- A. He wants to earn some money.
- B. He wants to learn about the newspaper business.
- C. He wants to share his enthusiasm for physics.
- D. He thinks the experience will be valuable.
- The student mentions the proposed tuition increase as a possible topic for the newspaper. What does the adviser imply about the topic?
- A. The news editor thinks that the topic is not suitable for a new reporter.
- B. The news editor was impressed by the student’s outline about the topic.
- C. There is not enough information to write an article about the topic.
- D. The topic has already been assigned to another reporter.
- What will the student write about in his first article for the newspaper?
- A. The physics department’s plans for attracting more students.
- B. The university’s plan to offer more physics courses.
- C. The importance of physics in our daily lives.
- D. The opinions of professors on the recent changes to introductory physics courses.
- What does the adviser imply when she says this: 🎧
- A. She is not responsible for evaluating proposed articles.
- B. She did not tell Max about the student’s interest in joining the staff.
- C. Max recently became the editor in the newspaper.
- D. Max has been very busy lately
C D D A A