Things coaches should know
Listen to part of a lecture in a sports management class.
- What does the professor mainly discuss?
- A. Different types of physical training that athletes might require
- B. Strategies for getting a job as the head coach of a sports team
- C. Aspects of a coach’s job beyond knowledge about sports
- D. Reasons why coaches should focus on winning games
- Based on the survey discussed by the professor, what are the two main areas to which new coaches should give more attention?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. Increasing their knowledge of game strategies
- B. Improving their organizational skills
- C. Building and maintaining strong relationships
- D. Stressing the importance of athletes’ academic studies
- Why does the professor mention pregame meals?
- A. To emphasize the importance of good nutrient for athletes
- B. To suggest a good time for coaches to talk about game strategy
- C. To point out that coaches often spend too much time on scheduling
- D. To give an example of the need for coaches to be more detail oriented
- What is the professor’s opinion about coaches who focus mainly on strategies for winning games?
- A. They should study these game strategies outside the university.
- B. They should concentrate on the sport they are most interested in.
- C. They are neglecting other skills that may be more important.
- D. They will probably become the most successful coaches.
- What does the professor imply about coaches who establish a lot of rules for team members?
- A. They have problems enforcing the rules.
- B. They rely on rules to avoid having to make decisions.
- C. They usually relax the rules as they become more familiar with their players.
- D. They are not popular but they are efficient.
- Why does the professor say this: 🎧
- A. To insist that the student needs to remember what he has just been told
- B. To acknowledge that her suggestion is not very practical
- C. To emphasize how impressed she is by the student’s achievement
- D. To imply that the student is not yet ready to begin coaching
答案：C BC D C B B