How business leaders get political power in 19th century
Listen to part of a lecture in an American History class.
- What is the lecture mainly about?
- A. Ways that new managerial techniques hastened the industrialization of American society in the nineteenth century
- B. Ways that the United States government tried to regulate business practices in the nineteenth century
- C. Reasons that business leaders gained political power in the late nineteenth-century United States
- D. A comparison of the management styles of Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller
- Why does the professor discuss vertical integration?
- A. To explain how Andrew Carnegie gained control of the steel industry
- B. To describe the most typical organization for businesses in the nineteenth century
- C. To explain how John D. Rockefeller organized the oil industry
- D. To explain the origins of the business trust
- In what two ways did business leaders make a positive contribution to the United States in the nineteenth century?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. They invested in new production technologies.
- B. They raised wage levels.
- C. They improved safety conditions.
- D. They supported charitable causes.
- According to the professor, what is the main reason that some businesses were able to become powerful during the nineteenth century?
- A. The government assisted businesses when they had financial difficulties.
- B. Taxation was based upon the profitability of a business.
- C. The government did not impose many regulations on businesses.
- D. Some government officials once held influential positions in large businesses.
- Why did the government pass new laws aimed at businesses?
- A. To correct mistakes made by the judicial system
- B. To respond to complaints from the public
- C. To increase employment rates
- D. To increase tax revenue from large industries
- What does the professor imply about the term “trust” when she says this: 🎧
- A. She should not have mentioned the term.
- B. It is unnecessary to explain the details of the term.
- C. She wants the students to explain the term to her later.
- D. She wants to discuss a different term.
答案：C A AD C B B