The Plan For Term Paper
Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.
- Why does student go to see the professor?
- A. She is having trouble finding topic for the term paper.
- B. She needs his help to find resource materials.
- C. She wants to ask him for an extension on a paper.
- D. She wants him to approve her plans for a term paper.
- Why is the student interested in learning more about dialects?
- A. she often has trouble understanding what other students are saying.
- B. she is trying to change the way she speaks.
- C. she is aware that her own dialect differs from those of her roommates.
- D. she spent her childhood various places where different dialects are spoken.
- Based on the conversation, what can be concluded about dialect accommodation?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. It is a largely subconscious process.
- B. It is a process that applies only to some details.
- C. It is very common phenomenon.
- D. It is a topic that has not been explored extensively.
- What does the professor want the student to do next?
- A. read some articles he has recommended.
- B. present her proposal before the entire class.
- C. submit a design plan for the project.
- D. listen to recordings of different dialects.
- What can be inferred about the professor when he says this: 🎧
- A. He thinks the topic goes beyond his expertise.
- B. He thinks the topic is too broad for the student to manage.
- C. He thinks the topic is not relevant for a linguistics class.
- D. He thinks other students may have chosen the same topic.
答案：D C AC C B