A Discussion About Animal’s Deception
Listen to a conversation between a student and the professor.
- Why does the man go to see the professor?
- A. To ask for help in choosing a topic for his term paper.
- B. To ask the professor to explain how to complete an assignment.
- C. To ask about a point raised in a recent lecture.
- D. To offer to help the professor with her research project.
- Why does the professor mention male frogs that lower their voices?
- A. To give an example of a behavior that can be predicted using game theory.
- B. To reinforce the definition of “selective adaptation”.
- C. To give an example of deceptive behavior in animals.
- D. To compare the behavior of butterflies and frogs.
- Why does the professor talk about computers?
- A. To help the man understand game theory.
- B. To describe how biologists analyze data about adaptation.
- C. To suggest a way for the man to find information about game theory.
- D. To explain the format required for the man’s term paper.
- What does the man need to do for his term paper?
- A. Interpret the statistical data in a journal article.
- B. Summarize the information in several published studies.
- C. Discuss a current controversy in biological research.
- D. Design an experiment that uses game theory.
- The man expresses reservations about the suggested topic for his term paper. What is the professor’s attitude toward the man’s reservations?
- A. She thinks the man has demonstrated the necessary background in statistics.
- B. She thinks the man should choose a topic he is more comfortable with.
- C. She thinks the man should ask another student to help him understand the statistics.
- D. She thinks the man’s worries are unnecessary.
答案：C C A B D