Listen to a conversation between a student and a librarian.
- What are the speakers mainly discussing?
- A. The student’s difficulties locating sources for a research project
- B. The topic of the student’s research project
- C. The student’s request to visit a particular part of the library
- D. Procedures for requesting different editions of a book
- Why is the student unable to use later editions or reproductions of a book he mentions?
- A. The later editions contain errors.
- B. Professor Gray specified the use of a particular edition.
- C. The later editions must be requested from another library.
- D. Reproductions typically omit the specific material he needs.
- Why is the student reluctant to contact Professor Gray?
- A. He already has disturbed her several times during her time away from campus.
- B. He does not feel comfortable about asking her for another favor.
- C. He does not know her e-mail address.
- D. He wants to surprise her with a completed project.
- What does the woman imply about the rules regarding Special Collections?
- A. The rules are unfair to the students.
- B. The rules are in place to protect the books.
- C. The rules are determined by the professors.
- D. The rules have changed since the previous semester.
- What does the woman mean when she says this: 🎧
- A. She has been in a similar situation herself.
- B. She will help the student solve his problem.
- C. She has often heard this kind of story from students.
- D. She thinks the student should try to understand her situation.