Paper Topic About Wood Harvesting Techniques
Listen to a conversation between a student and an anthropology professor.
- What do the speakers mainly discuss?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. How the man should narrow the focus of his paper.
- B. Whether a focus on wood harvesting is an appropriate topic for the man’s paper.
- C. Why the man became interested in wood harvesting techniques.
- D. Why different ancient cultures used different wood harvesting techniques.
- Why does the man mention pursuing an advanced degree in forestry?
- A. To explain why his biology class interests him so much.
- B. To ask the professor to write a letter of recommendation for him.
- C. To get the professor’s opinion on his choice of careers.
- D. To indicate he is not interested in anthropology.
- What had the man assumed about human impact on the environment?
- A. That human impact on the environment is difficult to measure.
- B. That humans have only recently had an impact on the environment.
- C. That human impact on the environment is always harmful.
- D. That human impact on the environment cannot be avoided.
- According to the professor, what did researchers find at an archaeological site in Turkey?
- A. Remains of pistachios and almonds in ancient vessels.
- B. Tools indicating that there was farming in the region.
- C. Evidence that people cut down trees for use as fuel.
- D. Evidence that people harvested branches from trees.
- What opinion does the professor express when she says this: 🎧
- A. That the topic is too controversial to be the focus of the man’s paper.
- B. That too many papers have already been written on the topic.
- C. That the topic does not seem to meet the requirements of the assignment.
- D. That there has not yet been any research published on the topic.
答案：BC A C D C