Listen to part of a lecture in a choreography class.
- What is the main purpose of the lecture?
- A. To discuss some films the class will be viewing.
- B. To help prepare students for a class assignment.
- C. To compare two types of filmmaking techniques.
- D. To talk about the history of screen dance.
- Why does the professor say that facial expressions are relatively unimportant in live performances?
- A. To point out that dancing and acting have many differences.
- B. To emphasize that screen dancers should not be concerned about their facial expressions.
- C. To give an example of a weakness of modern choreography.
- D. To suggest a reason why dancers might want to participate in a screen dance.
- How does the professor try to make students feel more confident about their assignment?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. He tells them they will be able to practice editing films.
- B. He tells them that technical assistance is available if they need it.
- C. He tells them they will not be graded on the technical aspects of their film.
- D. He tells them that editing techniques are easy to learn.
- Why does the professor talk about a dancer entering and exiting a frame?
- A. To explain one way of creating a sense of flow in a screen dance.
- B. To point out that some screen dances are filmed on a stage.
- C. To help explain why screen dance is becoming more popular.
- D. To remind students to follow safety guidelines when filming a screen dance.
- According to the professor, what does screen dance offer to viewers that live dance does not?
- A. A chance to see different types of dances being performed at the same time.
- B. An opportunity to share the enthusiasm dancers have for their art.
- C. A way to see how dance has changed over time.
- D. A more convenient way to watch dance.
- What is the professor’s opinion about the future impact of screen dance?
- A. It will inspire some stage choreographers to change their methods.
- B. It will eventually replace live dance.
- C. It will probably build new audiences for live dance.
- D. It will probably discourage some people from entering the dance profession.
B D AB A D C