Grotowski’s Idea About Theater
Listen to a conversation between a student and a theater professor.
- What are the speakers mainly discussing?
- A. A play by Grotowski that was discussed in class.
- B. A proposal that the student has for an assignment.
- C. A play that is currently being performed at the university.
- D. The main phases in Grotowski’s career as a director.
- What does the student imply when he talks about the play he recently attended?
- A. He attended the play because he is writing an essay on it.
- B. He wished the play were more experimental.
- C. He thought his roommate showed great talent.
- D. He was not familiar with the author of the play.
- What are two characteristics of Grotowski’s theater that the speakers mention?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. The minimal equipment on the stage in his productions.
- B. The single stories that his plays are based on.
- C. The elaborate costumes the actors wear in his plays.
- D. The actions of the performers in his plays.
- Why does the professor mention a play she attended several years ago?
- A. To compare it to the play she saw the previous evening.
- B. To suggest that Grotowski’s principles do not necessarily lead to effective theater.
- C. To show how different it was from Poor theater.
- D. To provide an example of one of the ideas the student wants to research.
- What does the professor imply about the acting the student wants to do?
- A. Audiences are no longer surprised by that type of acting.
- B. The acting requires less physical preparation than he thinks.
- C. He will not be able to master that style of acting easily.
- D. He should spend less time acting for the class and more time on class discussion.
答案：B B AD D C