The Renaissance Gardens
- What does the professor mainly discuss?
- A. The most popular features of ancient Roman gardens
- B. The goals of Renaissance garden designers
- C. The influence of Renaissance gardens on modern Italian gardens
- D. Differences between ancient Greek gardens and ancient Roman gardens
- The professor mentions three authors from ancient Rome. What point does the professor make about the three authors?
- A. They provided credible descriptions of ancient Roman gardens.
- B. They probably exaggerated the beauty of ancient Roman gardens.
- C. They probably never owned gardens themselves.
- D. They invented gardening practices that are still used in Italy today.
- Why does the professor mention Hero of Alexandria?
- A. To explain the relationship between ancient Greek gardens and ancient Roman gardens
- B. To explain how ancient Roman gardens came to be influenced by Egyptian culture
- C. To point out that garden designers were highly respected members of Roman society
- D. To indicate the origin of some of the features of Renaissance gardens
- According to the professor, what was one goal of the designers of Renaissance gardens?
- A. To incorporate plants from as many parts of the world as possible
- B. To develop beautiful new breeds of plants
- C. To provide amusement for guests
- D. To create a peaceful setting for prayer and meditation
- What does the professor imply about mazes?
- A. They were not part of ancient Roman gardens.
- B. They were not common in Renaissance gardens.
- C. They often incorporated hidden water tricks.
- D. They were the most creative aspect of Renaissance gardens.
- Listen again to part of the Lecture.Then answer the question.
What does the professor imply when he says this: 🎧
- A. Designers of Renaissance gardens were in some ways more creative than the designers of ancient Roman gardens.
- B. Designers of Renaissance gardens sometimes had inaccurate conceptions of ancient Roman gardens.
- C. Designers of Renaissance gardens sometimes deliberately violated the design principles used in ancient Roman gardens.
- D. Designers of Renaissance gardens were able to take advantage of technology that was not available to the designers of ancient Roman gardens.
答案：B A D C A B