- What aspect of architecture in the United States is the lecture mainly about?
- A. The differences between rural and urban styles of housing
- B. The reasons for popularity of a particular type of house
- C. The various styles of houses that are popular in New England
- D. The decorative details that are typical of houses built in New England
- What is mentioned in the lecture as an application of the principle that “form follows function”?
- A. Smaller houses should have fewer rooms
- B. A house’s design should reflect the inhabitants’ needs
- C. The materials for a house should be selected before the house is designed
- D. Houses in cold, harsh climates should be built with inexpensive materials
- Why does the woman refer to visiting her grandparents?
- A. To explain why she is interested in residential architecture
- B. To explain why she knows a lot about the history of Cape Cod
- C. To explain why she is familiar with Cape Cod houses
- D. To explain why she enjoys visiting rural New England
- According to the lecture, what are two features of Cape Cod houses that were influenced by climate?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWER]
- A. The thickness of walls
- B. The slope of the roofs
- C. The number of windows
- D. The simplicity of the exterior
- E. The size of the chimney
- According to the professor, what contributed to the attitude of conformity in rural New England communities during the 1600s and 1700s?
- A. People depended on their neighbors for their own survival
- B. People living in rural areas often had moved there from cities
- C. People had to live very close to their neighbors
- D. People had limited access to information from outside their community
- Listen again to part of the Lecture. Then answer the question.
Why does the professor say this: 🎧
- A. To indicate that the student’s answer is wrong
- B. To determine whether the student has prepared for the class
- C. To point out that housing styles across the United States are very similar
- D. To ask about students’ preferences in architectural styles
答案：B B C BD A A