Reschedule Part-Time Job In Campus Dining Hall
Listen to a conversation between a student and a food service manager.
- Why does the man go to see the woman?
- A. To complain about rude customers.
- B. To request an increase in his pay.
- C. To ask for a change in his work schedule.
- D. To apply for a job playing music in the dining hall.
- What activity does the man want to be able to do at dinnertime?
- A. Prepare for his morning music classes.
- B. Rehearse with a school music group.
- C. Play jazz for the faculty in the dining hall.
- D. Eat with classmates from his music class.
- The woman asks the man to consider a different job. What kind of work would the man have to do for the new job?
- A. Get ingredients ready for a meal.
- B. Clean kitchen equipment for the cooks.
- C. Prepare the weekly menu for the dining hall.
- D. Coordinate schedules for student workers.
- What does the man imply about his job as a waiter?
- A. It allows him to get to know the professors better.
- B. It is his first job at the university.
- C. It does not pay as much as other jobs.
- D. It interferes with his studies.
- What does the woman imply when she says this: 🎧
- A. She thinks the man should keep his job as a waiter.
- B. She is grateful that the man is willing to work longer hours.
- C. The man will have to make many sacrifices to achieve his goals.
- D. The man does not appreciate the opportunity she is offering him.