Get Information About A Program
Listen to a conversation between a student and her economics professor.
- Why does the woman go to see the professor?
- A. To get suggestions about what to include in her next presentation
- B. To follow up on a question she had raised in class
- C. To update him on a research project she is helping him organize
- D. To get information about a program that he had mentioned in class
- What do the speakers agree is a benefit of the build-operate-transfer economic model that they discuss?
- A. It permits government engineers to work on private construction projects
- B. It helps private companies buy facilities that were built by the government
- C. It enables public facilities to be constructed without government funding.
- D. It enables private companies to operate public facilities that the government builds.
- Why does the professor point out how much coffee is produced in Brazil?
- A. To give an example of the economic model the woman is interested in
- B. To explain why it is appropriate for him to teach a seminar about coffee
- C. To help clarify one of the goals of the Global Enrichment Initiative
- D. To correct a common misperception about Brazil’s economy
- Why is the woman interested in applying to go only to Turkey?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. She has been studying Turkey’s history and language.
- B. She has already visited Brazil and Russia.
- C. She believes that selecting just one country will help her get accepted into the program.
- D. She would like to see how an economic model she studied is put into practice there.
- What does the professor imply when he says this: 🎧
- A. He thinks that going first helped the woman be less nervous about giving a presentation.
- B. He hopes other students will structure their presentations the way the woman did.
- C. The woman was the first student ever to give a presentation on Turkey’s economy in his class.
- D. He is relieved that the class is staying on schedule for making presentations.
答案：D C B AD B