Way To Solve A Problem
Listen to a conversation between a student and her sociology professor.
- Why does the student go to see the professor?
- A. To get his opinion about why a project she recently completed had unexpected results.
- B. To discuss how a topic covered in class is similar to her group’s research topic.
- C. To ask him for suggestions to address a problem in her research.
- D. To discuss the professor’s concern about her group’s research project.
- In response to the professor’s question, what does the woman say about Tom and Jane?
- A. They are working on an assignment for another class.
- B. They are already observing students for the research project.
- C. They are dealing with a technical issue at the library.
- D. They are making arrangements at the library for their research project.
- What had the group of students planned to research?
- A. The effect of noise on the productivity of library employees.
- B. The effect of changing the amount of light in the library.
- C. The study habits of students in the library.
- D. The effect that being observed while studying has on students.
- Why does the professor mention lighting?
- A. To explain why production costs gradually increased over the years at a manufacturing plant
- B. To give a reason for a decline in productivity at two manufacturing plants
- C. To compare the working conditions at two manufacturing plants
- D. To give an example of a working condition that was adjusted at a manufacturing plant
- Why does the student say this? 🎧
- A. She is disappointed with the observations that the members of her group have made so far.
- B. She does not understand the point that the professor is making.
- C. She wants to determine a way for her group to make observations in secret.
- D. She is aware that her group’s presence might affect student behavior.
答案：D A C D B