Explication Of Pablo Neruda’s Poem
Listen to a conversation between a student and his creative writing professor.
- What do the speakers mainly discuss?
- A. Methods that the professor uses to challenge her students
- B. Reasons that the student turned in his paper a week late
- C. The two parts of an assignment for a writing class
- D. Seldom discussed aspects of a famous poet’s work
- What reason does the professor give for wanting to meet with the student?
- A. She wants to compliment him on the work he has done so far.
- B. She is concerned that the student is not reading a wide enough variety of poetry.
- C. She wants to lend him a book of poetry.
- D. She routinely meets individually with her students.
- What does the student like about Pablo Neruda’s poems in the book Elemental Odes?
- A. That Neruda challenged himself by limiting the theme of all the poems to fruits and vegetables
- B. That the poems have been written in many different styles
- C. How Neruda focuses on color to make his poems more memorable
- D. How Neruda describes common objects in unexpected ways
- Why does the student mention the meter called iambic pentameter?
- A. To point out that his poem is longer than “The Lemon”
- B. To explain how he approached the composition of his poem
- C. To explain what he liked most about Neruda’s poem “The Lemon”
- D. To distinguish Neruda’s poetry from that of other poets
- What does the professor mean when she says this: 🎧
- A. Neruda was an extraordinary writer.
- B. Neruda should not have won a Nobel Prize.
- C. It is surprising that Neruda’s poems are not more popular.
- D. It is unfortunate that Neruda did not win a Nobel Prize.
答案：C D D B A