Get A New Campus Job
Listen to a conversation between a student and a university employee at the campus employment office.
- Why does the student go to the employment office?
- A. To get feedback from his previous supervisor
- B. To try to have his work hours reduced
- C. To find out about getting an on-campus job
- D. To compare various job offers that he has received
- Why does the university employee seem surprised at the student’s request for on-campus jobs?
- A. Because she knows he is interested in off-campus jobs
- B. Because she expected him to apply earlier in the semester
- C. Because she knows he recently quit an on-campus job
- D. Because she thought he already had an on-campus job
- What does the student imply about the job he had at the library last year?
- A. It did not require as much training as jobs in restaurants.
- B. It did not pay as well as jobs in restaurants.
- C. It offered a flexible work schedule for students.
- D. It convinced him to become a librarian in the future.
- Why does the student mention his friend Suzanne?
- A. To compare his restaurant job with her job at the photograph lab
- B. To suggest that he wants to work with her
- C. To explain why students do not want to have janitorial jobs
- D. To explain why he thinks there is a job opening
- What can be inferred about the woman when she says this: 🎧
- A. She believes that there is no way to confirm that information.
- B. She is concerned about information security.
- C. She doubts the accuracy of the information.
- D. She does not find the information helpful.
C B B D C