- What is the main purpose of the lecture?
- A. To explain the historical conditions that inspired Dada artists
- B. To discuss examples of Dada paintings and sculptures
- C. To describe how Dada was presented theatrically
- D. To show the influence of Dada on today’s performing artists
- Why does the professor mention a stool with a bicycle wheel mounted on top?
- A. To give an example of what Dadaists were reacting against
- B. To show something that Dadaists would consider beautiful
- C. To illustrate how Dadaists rejected the traditional definition of art
- D. To explain the Dadaists’ practice of creating sculptures from everyday objects
- According to the professor, why did some Dadaists write poetry by pulling words out of a hat?
- A. To reflect the randomness they saw in the world
- B. To illustrate the connection between poetry performances and magic shows
- C. To indicate that Dada should not be taken too seriously
- D. To demonstrate that Dadaists did not need much formal training
- What does the professor identify as aspects of a traditional play?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. Characters each have their own motivation.
- B. A plot is developed.
- C. The play consists of several acts.
- D. Actors ignore the audience.
- According to the professor, what contributed to the chaotic nature of the performances at the Cabaret Voltaire?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. There were no professional actors.
- B. The script was torn up and allowed to fall to the floor during the performance.
- C. Different art forms shared the same stage.
- D. The performances varied from night to night.
- Listen again to part of the Lecture. Then answer the question:
Why does the professor say this: 🎧
- A. He does not approve of all the aspects of the shows.
- B. He does not think the events can be easily defined.
- C. He does not consider the shows to be authentic Dada.
- D. He does not know enough about the events to categorize them.
C C A BD CD B