- What are the speakers mainly discussing?
- A. A short story the woman has written
- B. A short story that was discussed in class
- C. The autobiography of Eudora Welty
- D. Features of short stories written by famous authors
- Why does the professor mention O.Henry’s story “The Gift of the Magi” and William Faulkner’s story “The Bear”?
- A. To suggest that the woman read these stories before writing her own story
- B. To remind the woman to listen to recordings of these stories
- C. To contrast Welty’s story with other types of stories
- D. To point out that Welty particularly liked these stories
- Why does the woman mention walking in the woods?
- A. It is the possible topic of a story she will write.
- B. It is what she does to get inspiration for writing,
- C. It is an activity that she enjoys very much.
- D. It is the setting of her favorite short story.
- What point does the professor make when he mentions the interview with Welty and her autobiography?
- A. Welty tells some stories in the interview that are confirmed in the autobiography.
- B. Welty believed that the element of surprise was essential to a good story.
- C. Welty’s best stories are set in Mississippi.
- D. Welty thought life in Mississippi was not very exciting.
- What was the student’s reaction to Welty’s story after first reading it?
- A. She was surprised by some of the main character’s memories.
- B. She was annoyed that the story was so short.
- C. She found the thoughts of the main character to be uninteresting.
- D. She had expected more action in the story.
答案：B C A C D