Step 1: 听力及题目练习
- Why does the man go to see the professor?
A. To inform him that he will miss his next class.
B. To find out what happened during a class that he could not attend.
C. To get advice on how he and his writing partner should divide their work
D. To ask a question about a book the class was assigned to read.
2. What does the professor imply about the book, The Letters of Henry Adams?
A. It is a type of epistolary writing that many students use in their research.
B. It is considered to be one of the best biographies of Henry Adams.
C. It includes relatively few letters that address Adam’s ideas about democracy.
D. It should not be used as a model for the man’s current writing assignment.
3. Why does the professor mention the characters that the man’s classmates, Debbie and Maria, chose for their writing assignment?
A. To help explain the method that was used to pair students together.
B. To suggest that the man and his writing partner choose unconventional characters for their story.
C. To point out an advantage of choosing roles that are familiar to both writing partners.
D. To emphasize that the man needs to meet with his writing partner as soon as possible.
4. Why does the professor say that the novel Fast Office is like “an endless stream of disjointed remark“？
A. To caution the man against creating a weak story
B. To find out if the man agrees with his opinion of the book.
C. To question whether an office is a suitable setting for an epistolary novel.
D. To point out that Fast Office received unfavorable reviews by critics
5. What is the professor’s opinion of the novel, Life on the Refrigerator Door?
A. It does not develop its characters well enough.
B. It is an improvement over the author’s first novel.
C. It is surprisingly effective as an epistolary novel.
D. It ends much too abruptly.