1. Why does the student go to see the professor?
- A. To request extra time to complete an assignment
- B. To explain why she will miss the next class
- C. To clarify the requirements of a class assignment
- D. To discuss the results of a lab experiment
2. What does the professor imply about the student’s extended field trip?
- A. He would like to know more about the fieldwork the student did.
- B. He was unaware of the problems the student had on the trip
- C. He knew that there would be problems on the trip.
- D. He has been in similar situations himself.
3. Why does the professor tell the student about the importance of cane toads to Australia?
- A. To remind the student of a topic she studied last semester
- B. To provide an example of a concept he is describing
- C. To explain the purpose of the lab assignment the student will work on
- D. To amuse the student with an anecdote from his own student days
4. What fact from the radio interview with an ecologist surprised the student?
- A. Global warming may be less harmful to biodiversity than oil palm cultivation.
- B. Global warming may have benefited some species of butterflies.
- C. Oil palm cultivation has contributed greatly to global warming.
- D. Oil palm tree populations have suffered as a result of global warming.
5. What advantages of the oil palm do the speakers mention?
[CHOOSE 3 ANSWERS]
- A. It resists damage from imported insects.
- B. It is an easy crop to grow.
- C. It creates a habitat for rare animal species.
- D. It is used in a wide range of products.
- E. It has a positive impact on communities where it is grown