1. What are the speakers mainly discussing?
- A.How Thornton Wilder’s early experiences influenced his fiction
- B.How literary criticism can change writer’s point of view
- C.Why The Bridge of San Luis Rey is no longer popular now
- D.Why Thornton Wilder preferred to write in a particular style
2. What does the man say about the characters in the book？
- A.They are based on people the author met in
- B.They are based on the author and his family
- C.They do not research real people
- D.They all have similar personalities
3. What do the speakers imply about the setting of the Bridge of San Luis Rey?
- A.It enabled Wilder to address contemporary issues.
- B.It gave Wilder the freedom to convey his ideas.
- C.It limited the scope of Wilder’s imagination.
- D.It encouraged Wilder to rely on his memories.
4. What does the woman suggest the man should do for his paper?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A.Examine the debates about Wilder’s fiction
- B.Compare Wilder’s novels to his plays
- C.Read another one of Wilder’s novels
- D.Check the accuracy of Wilder’s descriptions of Peru
5. Why does the woman say this: 🎧
- A.To find out whether the man remembers specific details from the novel
- B.To point out that the setting of the novel is ignored by most critics
- C.To encourage the man to consider the motivators behind Wilder’s approach to writing
- D.To suggest that the philosophy expressed in The Bridge of San Luis Rey is often misinterpreted