Instructions On A World Music Assignment
Listen to a conversation between a student and his music history professor.
- Why does the student go to see the professor?
- A. To explain why he may need to hand in an assignment late.
- B. To get instructions on how to complete an assignment.
- C. To discuss a type a type of music his class is studying.
- D. To ask if he can choose the music to write about in a listening journal.
- What does the student describe as challenging?
- A. Comparing contemporary music to earlier musical forms.
- B. Understanding the meaning of songs that are not written in English.
- C. Finding the time to listen to music outside of class.
- D. Writing critically about musical works.
- Why does the student mention hip-pop music?
- A. To contrast the ways he responds to familiar and unfamiliar music.
- B. To help explain why he signed up for the professor’s course.
- C. To point out its similarities to music introduced in the course.
- D. To give an example of music that features repeating rhythms.
- According to the professor, what are two characteristics of the musical form the class is currently studying?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. The songs are sung in a low voice.
- B. The songs have influenced other musical styles.
- C. The songs are about serious topics.
- D. The songs were never written down.
- What can be inferred about the professor at the end of the conversation?
- A. She intends to provide all her students with additional information about the assignment.
- B. She is concerned that the student may not be successful in the class.
- C. She understands that the student has less experience playing music than writing about it.
- D. She is happy that most students in the class were able to follow her instructions.
答案：B D A AC A