1. Why does the woman go to see the professor?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. To get advice on selecting a research topic
- B. To convince him to allow her to do a particular project
- C. To ask him to review some research results
- D. To request help in gaining access to a research facility
2. What aspect of glycerol does the woman want to study?
- A. Its potential use as a biofuel
- B. Its effect on the global environment
- C. Is usefulness as a food additive
- D. Its potential use as an agricultural aid
3. What is the professor’s opinion about the woman’s proposed research project?
- A. He is worried that it is too ambitious for an undergraduate.
- B. He is reluctant to approve it because she has explained it poorly.
- C. He is concerned about the amount of time it would take him to supervise the project.
- D. He is not sure she has enough time to complete the field testing before the project is due.
4. According to the woman, what is special about Hazelton Hall?
- A. Research on biofuels is being conducted there.
- B. It is designed specifically for undergraduate research work.
- C. It has the best conditions for large-scale plant experiments.
- D. It has the most sophisticated photography equipment on campus.
5. Why is the woman excited about her proposed research project?
- A. She will be working on the project with her professor.
- B. The outcome of the project could possibly benefit society.
- C. She has been interested in the topic for a long time.
- D. She thinks the project will help her get accepted to graduate school