An Artist Discussed in Class
1. What are the speakers mainly discussing?
- A. An artist who was discussed in a recent class
- B. The requirements for an upcoming project
- C. Reasons that the student will miss an upcoming class
- D. The topic of a paper the student was writing
2. What does the student say about the national debate tournament?
- A. The tournament site was further away than she would have liked.
- B. She was satisfied with her team’s performance at the tournament.
- C. More teams were allowed to compete this year.
- D. This year’s debate topic was unusually complex.
3. According to the professor, what was Alexander Calder’s most significant contribution to the art world?
- A. He produced an impressive range of both painting and sculpture.
- B. He used a new material to create his sculptures.
- C. He proved that engineers could be artists as well.
- D. He showed how sculpture could involve movement.
4. What does the professor imply about Alexander Calder’s mobiles?
- A. They were originally designed with babies in mind.
- B. They are difficult for the average museum goer to understand.
- C. They were eventually developed to rely less on motors.
- D. The original mobiles had technical problems.
5. Why does the professor say this: 🎧
- A. To indicate that he does not approve of the student’s choice
- B. To encourage the student to take trips all around the country
- C. To let the student know that he excuses her absence
- D. To find out what is important to the student