1. Why does the woman go to see the man?
- A. To ask how to make arrangements for an on-campus event
- B. To discuss a concert that will raise funds for her club
- C. To propose a budget for an upcoming event on campus
- D. To find out his ideas for future student activities
2. Why does the woman want to book the Jimmy Smith Band?
[CHOOSE 3 ANSWERS]
- A. They are popular among students on campus.
- B. They have a past connection on the university.
- C. They do not change a lot of money for performances.
- D. They will be nearby in a couple of months.
- E. They are similar to a well-known musical group.
3. Why does the man mention the office of the dean?
- A. To point out where the woman has to submit the application form
- B. To indicate which office directly contacts bands to arrange for campus concerts
- C. To suggest that the budget-approval process may take some time
- D. To explain why student activities will not be fully funded this year
4. What does the man imply about a car-wash fund-raiser?
- A. He thinks it would be difficult for students to organize.
- B. He remembers it was a successful fund-raiser for his colleague.
- C. He doubts it would help the woman earn much money.
- D. He does not think it would be approved by the university.
5. Why does the man think that local businesses would be willing to provide items for an auction?
- A. To strengthen ties with the university
- B. To get free concert tickets for their employees
- C. To receive a portion of the profits
- D. To promote their companies