Change Of Academic Plan
Listen to a conversation between a student and her academic advisor.
- Why does the woman visit her academic advisor?
- A. To compare requirements in the sociology and anthropology departments.
- B. To get advice about changing her major.
- C. To find out how to incorporate a new interest into her academic program.
- D. To discuss the possibility of doing research on a Navajo reservation.
- What does the woman say about her summer experience?
- A. She spent a semester preparing for it.
- B. She did not expect it to be very important to her.
- C. It was her first job as a teacher.
- D. It required her to use her knowledge of the Navajo language and culture.
- Why does the woman mention her friend?
- A. To explain how she got her summer job.
- B. To emphasize how many people she met on the Navajo reservation.
- C. To point out that her friend is studying the Navajo language and culture.
- D. It required her to use her knowledge of the Navajo language and culture anthropology department.
- Why does the professor mention the effect of education on Native American societies?
- A. To indicate the content of a course he thinks the woman should take.
- B. To learn more about the woman’s experiences over the summer.
- C. To describe a research project he thinks the woman would find interesting.
- D. To show his approval of the woman’s career goals.
- What does the woman imply when she says this: 🎧
- A. She has completed most of the research that was required for her project.
- B. She has not done much research yet and so does not mind changing the focus of her project.
- C. She is disappointed that the professor is unfamiliar with her research topic.
- D. She believes public schools in the northeastern states were only slightly changed due to immigration.
C B A C B