Selling Self-Made Ceramic Bowls
Listen to part of a conversation between a student and an employee at the campus store.
- Why does the woman go to talk to the man?
- A. To find out how the store pays artists for their work
- B. To purchase some ceramic coffee mugs
- C. To find out if the store sells objects made by students
- D. To ask about the advantages and disadvantages of consignment sales
- What is the main reason that the woman cannot display her ceramic bowls in the campus store?
- A. Her bowls are too expensive.
- B. There is not enough room for her display case.
- C. The store gets merchandise only from approved suppliers.
- D. There is little demand on campus for ceramic bowls.
- According to the conversation, what is a reason that the woman wants to sell her bowls?
- A. To earn enough money to buy a second display case
- B. To fulfill a requirement of one of her courses
- C. To impress her studio art professor
- D. To gain experience that could help in her future career
- What is the woman’s attitude toward selling items at the Emporium?
- A. She is eager to display her work to the public there
- B. She is encouraged because the Emporium specializes in selling ceramics
- C. She is worried because she does not fully understand the consignment process.
- D. She is worried that she might not make much money.
- What concerns does the woman initially express about selling items at the craft fair?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. Whether doing so would interfere with her studies
- B. Whether customers would appreciate her artistry
- C. Whether she could afford the fee charged to sellers
- D. Whether she would be able to transport her items to the fair
C C B D AD