Discuss Whales’ Breath
Listen to a conversation between a student and his biology professor.
- Why does the man go to see the professor?
- A. To find out how to distinguish between different types of whale songs.
- B. To request permission to change the topic of his paper.
- C. To discuss the difference between using the internet and using books to find sources.
- D. To get help locating some information for his paper.
- What is the topic of the man’s paper?
- A. How whales hold their breath.
- B. Whale migration patterns.
- C. Characteristic of whale habitats.
- D. The differences between the circulatory system of whales and that of other mammals.
- What is the professor’s attitude toward the man’s question about how whales hold their breath?
- A. She thinks he does not need to spend a lot of time looking for the answer.
- B. She is surprised because she has already addressed this question in class.
- C. She dismissed it as unimportant.
- D. She is pleased that has a plan to obtain the answer himself.
- Why does the professor mention the limited time students have to complete their papers?
- A. To suggest that looking at research on the internet is a good way to save time.
- B. To point out that the library has reduced the amount of time it is open each day.
- C. To indicate her expectations for the amount of research to be done for the paper.
- D. To emphasize the important of starting to write the paper a couple of weeks before it is due.
- According to the professor, how does a whale conserve oxygen while underwater?
[Choose 2 answers]
- A. Its heart rate decreases.
- B. Its lung capacity temporarily increases.
- C. It slows the pace of its swimming.
- D. Blood flow to certain organs is decreased.
答案：D B A C AD