Write A Paper About Hydroponic Farming
Listen to part of a conversation between a student and the professor of his history of technology class.
- Why has the student come to see the professor?
- A. To find out her reaction to a paper he recently submitted.
- B. To point out a factual error in an article the class was assigned to read.
- C. To ask about the suitability of a topic he wants to write about.
- D. To ask about the difference between chinampas and hydroponics.
- What does the professor imply about hydroponics?
- A. It was probably invented by the Aztecs.
- B. It is a relatively modern development in agriculture.
- C. It requires soil that is rich in nutrients.
- D. It is most successful when extremely pure water is use.
- Why does the professor describe how chinampas were made?
- A. To emphasize that the topic selected for a paper needs to be more specific.
- B. To encourage the student to do more research.
- C. To point out how much labor was required to build chinampas.
- D. To explain why crops grown on chinampas should not be considered hydroponic.
- What does the professor think about the article the students mentions?
- A. She is convinced that it is not completely accurate.
- B. She believes it was written for readers with scientific backgrounds.
- C. She thinks it is probably too short to be useful to the student.
- D. She has no opinion about it, because she has not read it.
- What additional information does the professor suggest that the student include in his paper?
- A. A comparison of traditional and modern farming technologies.
- B. Charges in the designs of chinampas over time.
- C. Differences in how various historians have described chinampas.
- D. Reasons why chinampas are often overlooked in history books.
答案：C B D A C