- What is the main purpose of the lecture?
- A. To investigate the information known about the troubadours.
- B. To explain the role of patriotic poetry during medieval times.
- C. To explain why opinions about knights changed during the medieval period.
- D. To compare two different types of medieval poems.
- According to the professor, who was the intended audience for chanson poetry?
[CHOOSE 2 ANSWERS]
- A. Lords.
- B. Ladies.
- C. Knights.
- D. Troubadours.
- According to the professor what is true about the hero in chanson poetry and the hero in romance poetry? Chanson Hero/Romance Hero.
[Choose in the correct box for each phrase]
|Chanson Hero||Romance Hero|
|Is admired for loyalty to country||A||B|
|Engages in conflict for adventure||A||B|
|Is willing to fact extreme dangers to protect the lord||A||B|
|Is concerned with individual improvement||A||B|
- Why does the professor mention that romance poems often included biographical sketches?
- A. To emphasize the similarities between chanson authors and romance authors.
- B. To explain why the social status of troubadours is known today.
- C. To point out why the biographical sketches are reliable sources of information.
- D. To provide evidence that many troubadours were also historians.
- What does the professor say about the political climate during the time troubadours were writing poetry?
- A. It enabled chanson poetry to gain wide popularity over romance poetry.
- B. It gave the troubadours time to devote themselves to writing poetry.
- C. It inspired troubadours to write poetry that described their lord’s deeds.
- D. It made it difficult for troubadours to travel safely within their country.
- Why does the professor say this? 🎧
- A. To indicate that he understands why the student may be confused.
- B. To emphasize that the student has asked a very important question.
- C. To remind the student that she may know the answer to her own question.
- D. To invite other members of the class to answer the question.
D AC ABAB B B C